Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Free Software to do Statistical Analysis

Recently I was working on a project which requires analysis of thousands of traffic data. Unfortunately, I have to use Excel since I don't have access to software like SPSS or SAP. Excel gave me a headache because it runs slowly and you cannot easily generate some special graphs and change the settings.
A friend recommended R -a language and environment for statistical computing and graphics developed at Bell Laboratories.
R provides a wide variety of statistical (linear and nonlinear modelling, classical statistical tests, time-series analysis, classification, clustering, ...) and can produce well-designed plots. Users have full control (I like it!).
Most of all, it is Free Software :)

9 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing :) SPSS is just expensive u.u
    btw, I also have a blog and a web directory, would you like to exchange links? let me know on emily.kovacs14@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cloud Consulting; CRM Solutions; Cloud Computing; CRM Application : Dione comprehensive set of Cloud Consulting & CRM Solutions designed to improve service levels and productivity. Cloud Consulting , Cloud Computing

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PSPP is a program for statistical analysis of sampled data. It is a free replacement for the proprietary program SPSS, and appears very similar to it with a few .. feng shui

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend recommended R -a language and environment for statistical computing and graphics developed at Bell Laboratories. feng shui master

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you are looking for more information about flat rate locksmith Las Vegas check that right away. SASE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for every other informative site. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such an ideal means? I have a venture that I’m just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information. lära sig teknisk analys

    ReplyDelete